The last thing you would want to experience is a breathing problem. Only your lungs take care of bringing in the oxygen, filtering, and distributing it to the body. It also takes care of removing carbon dioxide from your body. If you fail to take care of your lungs, you will experience difficulty breathing, and there are currently no other alternatives to give the same function. However, not everyone knows how to take care of their precious lungs.
Various microbes, dust, and mucus could gather inside your lungs, making you feel uncomfortable breathing. Fortunately, this article will tell you ways to cleanse your lungs naturally. It is a crucial step to take, especially when surrounded by smoking people or living in a highly polluted city.
Here are easy things you can do to remove excess mucus from your lungs and help you improve your breathing correctly:
1. Do Controlled Coughing
Remember the feeling of coughing? When you cough, your body is forced to exert effort on your lungs and other parts of your respiratory system. Doing this step could help you release some of the built-up mucus onto your lungs. Here is the proper way on how to do controlled coughing:
- Sit comfortably on a chair and relax your shoulders. Make sure that your feet are flat on the floor
- Place your folded arms over your stomach
- Breathe in through your nose. Make sure to do it slowly.
- Slightly lean forward and then slowly breathe out. While doing this, simultaneously push the arms against the stomach.
- Do not forget to cough two to three times with the mouth slightly open as you exhale.
- Inhale through the nose again. Do it slowly.
- Rest for a while, and then repeat as needed.
2. Allow Gravity to Drain Mucus From Your Lungs
If you feel like your lungs are too heavy from excess mucus, here is one method to drain the fluids:
- Lie on your back, either on a floor or the bed
- Your chest needs to be lower than your hips, so use pillows and place them under your hips to elevate it a bit. Place your folded arms under your head to give extra support.
- Slowly breathe in and out. Your exhale should be twice as long as your inhale.
- Do this for a few minutes and repeat as necessary.
3. Keep Your Body Moving
Exercise is always a sure way to keep the body and its parts healthy. With daily exercise, you can decrease the risk of acquiring health conditions. It also lets in more oxygen into your body and gets rid of carbon dioxide faster. Your whole body would adjust to this new oxygen production and supply the body receives. If you do not have respiratory problems, consider having physical exercise daily.
4. Drink Green Tea
Did you know that the antioxidants supply of green tea can help improve your lung condition? The compounds it contains can reduce the inflammation in the lungs. According to a study conducted in Korea, people who drink at least two cups of green tea every day have better lung capacity and performance than those who did not drink green tea.
People rarely give the lungs importance because of how subtle they feel their purpose. Let this article remind you of how essential and unique they are. Failing to keep them clean and healthy would only result in respiratory problems you would not want to deal with later. Through these simple enumerated exercises, you can help your lungs in simple yet fruitful ways.
If you are looking for the best detox tea to try, you can try Lean Joe Bean’s K-Cup Weight Loss Green Tea. Besides cleansing and detoxification, you can also improve your body composition with this as your daily drink. Try it now.