Edible mushrooms have long been established to contain various health benefits. Long before, they’ve been used in ayurvedic and traditional Chinese medicine due to their medicinal properties. Today, these fungi that spread through spores and grow almost anywhere are known to have varying degrees of protein and fiber and contain B vitamins, selenium, and vitamin D, among others.
How about mushroom coffee? Mushroom coffee is gradually taking grounds due to its handful of wonderful benefits. In this article, we’ll share with you the mushroom coffee benefits that you can take advantage of.
Mushroom coffee for a difference
Mushroom coffee consists of powdered mushrooms blended with ground coffee. What’s good about it is that the coffee itself tends to mask the unpleasant taste of mushrooms, thereby giving it a great flavor. More than anything else, it is the shared benefits brought by the combination of mushroom and coffee that makes this product excellent in terms of providing focus, energy, and overall wellness.
Combined coffee and mushroom
The nutrition-rich mushrooms used in mushroom coffee contain powerhouse nutrients, such as cordyceps, Chaga, lion’s mane, turkey tail, and reishi. Various studies have tried to establish the health benefits of medicinal mushrooms, such as boosting the immune system, improving brain function, and fighting off neurodegenerative disorders, such as dementia and Alzheimer’s disease.
When combined with coffee, the medicinal properties can balance out your regular cup of java. While coffee proves to be beneficial for cognitive function and contains antioxidant properties, it can be attributed to anxiety and insomnia. That is where mushroom comes into the picture to balance out and add more to the overall health benefits.
The health benefits of mushroom coffee
Mushroom coffee can provide the following benefits:
- Anticancer: Some properties of mushrooms are shown to boost the immune system, such that it appears to exert antitumor and anticancer activities.
- Antioxidants: Coffee is known to have high antioxidant properties that can prevent faster aging and help fight off diseases in your body.
- A decrease in oxidative stress: The antioxidants in both coffee beans and mushrooms provide defense against free radicals that can cause oxidative stress that can lead to cellular damages to the bodies.
- Liver health boost: Some mushroom species are abundant in adaptogens—the properties that boost liver function and prevent liver diseases by flushing out wastes and toxins.
- Digestive and diabetic health: Mushrooms contain polysaccharides that serve as prebiotics in the digestive system helping boost your digestive health in various ways.
- Focus without jitters: As mentioned above, the combination of coffee and mushroom can help you focus through the caffeine but won’t give you jitters brought by the medicinal properties of mushrooms.
It’s about time to veer away from your usual cup of joe and go for mushroom coffee instead. Mushroom coffee holds a lot of amazing benefits that you can take advantage of, improving your overall health and well-being.
We provide proven and tested coffee products for weight loss, physical fitness, and good health. If you’re specifically looking for a mushroom coffee mix, browse our website or get in touch with us!