You’re probably here because you’ve seen people put mushrooms in their coffee and got curious as to why. Well, mushroom coffee is a thing, and it’s been a pretty popular trend for years because of its alleged health benefits. But does it really live up to the hype? And, more importantly, is it worth giving a try?
If you want to learn more about this trending drink, let this article tell you the essential things you should know about mushroom coffee.
What Is Mushroom Coffee?
In all honesty, mushroom coffee tastes pretty much like your regular coffee. It’s not something you should be threatened by or scared to try. It has a straightforward recipe―ground beans mixed with mushrooms and other adaptogens.
The typical mushrooms found in these coffee blends are the following:
- Chaga: This mushroom has been used for medicinal purposes for centuries. Its extract improves immunity, helps with chronic inflammation, reduces cholesterol and blood sugar, and helps fight cancer.
- Reishi: Another staple in Eastern medicine is this type of mushroom that helps enhance the immune system, reduce stress, lessen fatigue, and improve sleep.
- Lion’s mane: This mushroom resembles its namesake and is also used for both culinary and medicinal purposes. It has immune-boosting capabilities and antioxidant properties that can fight against inflammation.
- Cordyceps: These mushrooms have anti-aging benefits and are also used to treat various conditions, such as coughs, respiratory disorders, anemia, high cholesterol, kidney disorders, and more.
These mushrooms undergo a drying and extraction process before they are blended into the coffee. This process ensures that all of the beneficial properties are taken out from the mushroom and mixed with the coffee.
The Benefits You Will Get From Drinking Mushroom Coffee
This drink is popular because of its many health benefits. Some of them are the following:
- It helps improve your sleep.
- It helps reduce your stress.
- It improves your memory.
- It boosts your immune system.
- It gives you high energy levels.
- It helps relax sore muscles.
- It helps reduce inflammation.
On its own, coffee can give you many health benefits. Add mushrooms, however, and you get a tasty drink that overflows with beneficial properties that help boost your health. Check out these other benefits of this wonderful combination:
- Mushrooms can aid with digestion: Mushrooms have properties that can contribute to healthy bacteria production in your gut and help improve digestion.
- It can help you manage stress better: Coffee may give you a jittery feeling, but compounds in the mushroom’s adaptogens can help mitigate it. These properties can help your body fight off stress.
- It has less caffeine: If you want to drink coffee but do not want to affect your sleeping patterns, mushroom coffee is a great solution. It contains less caffeine than typical coffee, usually half than what a regular cup has.
If you want to experience the health benefits you will get by adding mushrooms to your regular diet, consider having mushroom coffee every morning. Mushrooms and coffee in one drink is the perfect combination. It gives you a delicious drink, providing energy and focus that improves your overall wellness.
Are you looking for a mushroom coffee mix? Lean Joe Bean’s Superfood Coffee contains six kinds of mushrooms mixed with dark roast Arabica. It is a keto-friendly drink that you can enjoy, whether served hot or cold. Try it now to experience the benefits yourself.