If you've been seeking an all-natural approach to shed those extra pounds, it's time to incorporate cinnamon into your diet. This bittersweet and fragrant spice is not only used to make your favorite desserts and pastries taste heavenly—there are claims that it may help you lose weight.
Is this accurate? In this post, we'll find out!
Research Findings of Cinnamon's Weight Loss Properties
Cinnamon may help mice battle visceral fat, according to a Japanese study published in the Journal of Nutritional Science and Vitaminology in 2012. Its influence on blood sugar regulation has been proven in several other studies over the years.
In those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes, two diseases linked to obesity, cinnamon in the diet decreases blood sugar swings and levels. Blood sugar levels that are more consistent result in less food cravings and more stable energy levels, which leads to ingesting fewer calories and therefore aiding weight reduction.
However, it's crucial to remember that cinnamon will only benefit you if you combine it with regular exercise and a healthy diet.
Six Ways to Add Cinnamon to Your Diet
Most people are only familiar with cinnamon as the garnish or flavoring on their favorite desserts. But there are other ways to incorporate this delicious spice to your breakfast, lunch, and dinner:
1. You can include ground cinnamon in oatmeal, yogurt, cottage cheese, and light ricotta cheese. It could also take plain light vanilla ice cream to the next level.
2. Cinnamon powder can also be used in a variety of drinks, including black tea smoothies. Cinnamon may lessen the need for additional sugar, especially if you have a sweet tooth. For an excellent smoothie, it's also a good idea to throw in some no-calorie sweetener.
3. In addition to smoothies, cinnamon tastes great when added to coffee. But don't just sprinkle cinnamon on top of your coffee or stir it in. Before making your coffee, sprinkle it over the grounds. It will flavor plain beans beautifully!
4. Apple and banana slices, fruit salad, pear slices, and split peaches are all wonderful with cinnamon. It's a super-easy way to boost your fruit game.
5. Try cinnamon tea, which is made by steeping a whole cinnamon stick with at least half a teaspoon of ground cinnamon in a cup of hot water.
6. It sounds insane, but it's worth a shot: cinnamon also enhances the deep chili tastes in a way that's impossible to resist.
Other Health Benefits of Cinnamon
Cinnamon contains numerous therapeutic and antibacterial qualities that protect our bodies from dangerous infections, in addition to helping us lose weight. Its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant qualities help our bodies get rid of harmful pollutants. Aside from that, it also helps with digestion.
Best Types of Cinnamon to Take
Yes, there is more than one type of cinnamon. Ceylon cinnamon is the best option since it has ultra-low coumarin levels and has the mildest flavor. However, it is more expensive. Cassia cinnamon sticks are a great choice, too. They have a rougher appearance, are darker, and are rolled in one layer with a hollow in the center.
Cinnamon can offer many health benefits, and there is no problem if you try to consume it for your weight loss goals, given that you are not allergic to it. However, just remember to consume appropriate amounts of it and match it with regular exercise and a healthy diet.
If you are looking for the best tea for weight loss, you should check out Lean Joe Bean. Our groundbreaking coffee recipe targets key hormones that help control fat storage for improved body composition and a lean, sculpted physique. Our products are fueled by a patented, proprietary blend of Super CitriMax and Chromemate, proven to reduce appetite and boost metabolism. This scientifically-tested combination also helps promote healthy blood sugar and cholesterol levels. Check out our online store today!