When it comes to losing weight, there has been an ongoing argument about which option is better—coffee or green tea? Both products have long been a household staple consumed by almost every family. While black coffee has been proven effective for losing a few pounds, green tea for weight loss has never failed to take the limelight as well.
In this article, we'll delve deeper into the differences between coffee and green tea so that you can determine which option is better for your weight management program.
Coffee versus Tea
Let's first take a look at how coffee and tea have taken their grounds as a household staple:
- Coffee: It is believed to have taken roots in Yemen during the 15th century, where the first beans were roasted and brewed. However, some African historians claimed that it was the people of Kaffa in Ethiopia who were the first to recognize its energy-boosting effects. Soon enough, it reached far and wide places, including North America. Today, many families cannot live without coffee products in their kitchen for a morning power boost. It has become a booming industry, given the number of cafes that have taken the world by storm.
Tea: Since 2700 BC, tea has long been a staple beverage in China. It was often used for medicinal purposes until it became a daily drink by the 3rd century. It was introduced in Japan by the 13th century, in India by 1836, and in Sri Lanka in 1867. Today, countries like Sri Lanka, India, China, and Kenya supply 75 percent of the world's tea, including green tea.
Benefits of drinking coffee and green tea
Now that you know a little more about their background, let's dig in further into the various health benefits of drinking coffee and green tea:
- Coffee: Various researches have shown the multiple benefits of drinking coffee. For one, it can improve brain power due to its caffeine that goes through the bloodstream and gets absorbed by the brain. Two, it can help burn fat as its caffeine can enhance your metabolic rate by up to ten percent. Three, it can improve your physical performance as the caffeine serves as a stimulant in increasing your adrenaline levels. Four, it is seen to reduce the risk of Type 2 Diabetes, heart diseases, and even cancer. Ultimately, it is an excellent source of antioxidants that are vital in protecting your cells from free radicals.
- Green tea: The US Department of Agriculture declared green tea as part of a healthy diet due to its various nutrients and benefits. First, it can keep you mentally alert and more aware of your surroundings. Second, it controls your cholesterol levels to reduce your risk of heart disease. Third, it can help prevent cancer by eliminating free radicals that cause malignant growth in your body. Finally, it can lower your risk of acquiring Type 2 diabetes.
Coffee and green tea for weight loss
At this point, let's discuss how these popular drinks can aid your weight loss program:
- Coffee: Several recent studies have shown how drinking a cup of Joe can help you lose weight. The effect can be attributed to the stimulation of brown fats that are responsible for regulating your body heat and burning calories. Along with this is its primary component, caffeine, serving as a stimulant in boosting your metabolism. Finally, caffeine is known to suppress your appetite so that you'll eat less throughout the day, especially if you drink it in the morning.
- Green tea: While the Chinese typically use green tea for medical reasons, the Western world consumes it for significant weight loss. Green tea is known to boost your metabolism. The effect can be attributed to its potent antioxidant called catechin that works best when paired with caffeine. Also, it is known for its fat-burning ability that can help you lose weight in no time.
At this point, you now know more about coffee and green tea, including their benefits for weight loss. If you want to lose weight, you should start or continue drinking either beverage. At the same time, don't forget to maintain a healthy diet, have an exercise routine, and live a healthy lifestyle!
Are you looking for the best way to lose weight? We have functional instant coffee for weight loss that can also boost your metabolism and energy. Place your order now and experience our groundbreaking coffee recipe!