Our Guide to 16:8 Intermittent Fasting - What to Know For Beginners

By Admin Wed, Apr 29, 20

Blog Image

In the world of health and fitness, people often put a spotlight on developing rigid workout routines in hopes of burning off the calories and pounds. However, training takes up only 20 percent of the whole picture in losing weight. What you put on your plate during meal times dominate the other 80 percent.

In between diet fads spreading across gym buddies and the internet, some popular ways prove to be an effective way to shed some pounds. Intermittent fasting is one of them, and the best part about it is that it isn’t a diet plan.

What is Intermittent Fasting?

One of the world’s oldest yet current fitness trends, intermittent fasting, is characterized by an eating pattern that is designed for cycling between a timeframe dedicated to fasting and eating.

One of the reasons why people find it relatively easier to jump the bandwagon is that intermittent fasting doesn’t specify which foods you should eat, but instead focuses on when is the optimal time to eat them.

What is the 16:8 Intermittent Fasting Method?

One of the most common forms of intermittent fasting is the 16:8 method, which involves fasting for 16 hours with an 8-hour window frame for your daily eating period. This is often the easiest, most sustainable, and beginner-friendly type of intermittent fasting since people can simply skip breakfast, which means you can generally eat for lunch and have an early dinner before the cycle starts again.

How Does 16:8 Intermittent Fasting Support Weight and Fat Loss?

If intermittent fasting doesn’t involve restricting your diet, then how does it support weight or fat loss? For one, a 2017 study shows that 16:8 intermittent fasting can have a more powerful impact on reducing calories more than your regular calorie-counting diets.

This is because fasting can decrease your insulin levels, which signals the body to start burning stored energy and glucose. Think of it this way - the body always co-exists in a state of fed (high insulin) and fasted (low insulin). That means if you’re not busy storing food energy, the rest of the time you are spending burning energy.

With that in mind, intermittent fasting is all about increasing the amount of time burning food energy rather than storing energy by eating the moment you get out of bed to the time you go to sleep. 

Lose or Maintain Weight and Even Make You Live Longer with Intermittent Fasting

Other than supporting your weight loss journey without restructuring your gastronomic delights or removing your favorite foods from your regimen, limiting daily food intake by setting a window where you can eat reduces the risk of diseases in old age.

Research also finds that intermittent fasting can lengthen your life spent in good health, while the freedom to choose your meals and to eliminate risks of starvation through diet can also improve your cognitive function.

Those looking up the best diet tricks and hacks know that intermittent fasting has taken the internet by storm. If you’re looking to get quality superfood or fat burning coffee to boost your morning coffee without breaking your fasting, our products at Lean Joe Bean are the best option! Get in touch with us today to see how we can help you!

Money Back Icon

Your Average Cup
of Coffee Isn't Enough

There are many good brands of coffee out there, but very none deliver 100% of the ingredients you need to enhance fitness efforts and see real results fast. Until now.

Lean Joe Bean contains a proprietary blend of Super CitriMax and Chromax which have been clinically shown to improve body composition and influence the key “fat” hormones. This is completely unique to Lean Joe Bean, and is the KEY to reaching goals efficiently.